Bio-identical hormone replacement or ( BHRT) replaces hormones that have been lost due to aging. Bio-identical hormones are identical in structure to those which are naturally produced by our bodies (bioidentical hormones). This yields superior results and produces no side effects unlike hormone replacement therapy treatments of the past. At Hebe Aesthetics and Vitality, we offer hormone replacement therapy using pellets, oral pills, sublingual, creams or gels for women.
Some of the most common symptoms experienced by women who can benefit from bio-identical hormone replacement include anxiety, depression, fatigue, irregular sleep patterns, osteoporosis, hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness, brain fog, headaches and hair loss.
HORMONE PELLET THERAPY FOR WOMEN
Pellet implants are a unique way to treat hormone imbalances into the body. Customized to meet your individual needs, pellets are compounded hormones made from organic plant materials, which have the same molecular structure of those hormones found in the body. During a quick in office procedure, your provider will insert a prescribed number of rice-grain-sized bioidentical hormone pellets under the skin near the hip. These pellets will release a steady small amount of hormone(s) directly into your bloodstream for an average of several months.
Bioidentical hormone pellet therapy can be used to treat a number of conditions including menopause, low testosterone, loss of bone density, sexual dysfunction, mood disorders and muscle and strength loss. Hebe Aesthetics and Vitality uses Belmar Compounding pharmacy as our pellet provider. Belmar pharmacy are experts in bio-identical hormones utilizing specialize sterilization techniques to ensure pellets are sterile and safe.
PROCESS FOR TREATMENT
1. Comprehensive blood work is performed first to assess baseline.
2. Your provider will then review your labs and together create a customized plan to fit your individual needs and goals.
3. Continual monitoring and follow up labs are meticulously monitored by a licensed health care practitioner and medical doctor and adjusted as needed for symptom improvement and restoring your well-being.
BENEFITS OF HORMONE PELLET THERAPY
- Consistency– Pellets supply a consistent level of hormones released in the bloodstream.
- Closest to nature -Pellets have the same molecular structure as natural human hormones and mimic your body’s natural delivery system more closely than any other method.
- Convenience– You don’t need to worry about remembering to take your medication daily. Hormone pellets only need to be inserted 2-4 times per year depending on dose and what works best for your body.
- Fewer side effects– Pellet therapy bypasses the liver, sending hormones directly into the bloodstream, and avoiding certain side effects of oral medications.
WHO SHOULD AVOID HORMONE PELLET THERAPY?
Hormone replacement therapy does have potential for risks and side effects which can vary from individual to individual, based on a patient’s medical history and lifestyle. You should always consult carefully with your provider about the potential pros and cons for you. Some issues may be better or worse with pellet delivery than oral or cream delivery.
It is important to make sure your provider knows if you:
*Think you may be pregnant or experiencing vaginal bleeding
*Have/had certain types of cancer such as breast, uterine, or endometrial
*Had a stroke or heart attack
*Have or had blood clots
*Develop a minor local reaction to the implant, such as itching and redness
*See the pellets dislodging and coming out of the skin
In these cases, your provider may want to consider a different solution for you.